Monday, April 27, 2009

a card, gifts 'N' more...

Today is such a beautiful Spring day! The sun is shining, there's a brisk breeze blowing and the smells are glorious!! It makes me anxious to get outside and work in the flower beds! But before I head outside...I wanted to share these creations with you......



At the Pink Elephant this week....you'll be challenged with this fun sketch. (You'll notice I flipped mine vertically.) I hope you find time to play this week! There's a gift certificate up for grabs. I can't wait to see what you create!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had so much fun making the pillow I posted previously that I thought I'd make a couple more....One reason I enjoy making them so much is. They come together in about 30 minutes (each). That's completely finished and ready for a photograph. This material is 1.50 a yrd at Wal-mart. I love the texture of it. It's soft but crisp looking. The flowers are felt cut outs. I have a couple cans of them laying around. So, I thought using them on these pillows would be perfect. My oldest daughter loved them....I'll have to let her make one for her room. In pink of course!
They would also make cute Mother's Day





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know about you....but I love my house to smell yummy! So, it's full of Bath and Body Works smelly goods! I bought an oil diffuser several months ago and wasn't to enthralled with it's plain jane looks. So, one day I got a brilliant idea.....I decided to decorate it. Now it matches my living room decor perfectly. This would also, make awesome gifts. I've seen a ton of different oil diffusers in all shapes and sizes. But none of them were "cute". This is the perfect way to jazz them up for a friend or relative. Who wouldn't love this decorated oil diffuser to match their decor?! :)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My mom (like most mothers) loves gifts made by her children.....This is one of her Mother's Day gifts from me. I took a 2.00 frame (Wal-mart) and added some buttons, trim, ribbon, roses and viola`....this hanging frame was born. I have to admit....I couldn't wait til Mother's Day. I had to show it to her. Needless to say, she loved it. And insisted that in itself was enough. Of course, I will be getting her something else besides the frame. I'm thinking about a gift card from HL. She's started getting into paper crafting a little bit lately.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you all have a great day! I'm planning to......I'm SO thankful for all the blessings I receive each day from above!!
P.S. I have another fun Mother's Day gift planned. I hope to get it posted today.

10 comments:

Karen April 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Love all the home dec items you're sharing! Its always so much fun when we can find a multitude of ways to use our paper crafting supplies....at least it is for me! :> And I love seeing inspiration from others. Beautiful creations! :>

Angela April 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

The card is cute, love the kite...

Love the pillows, so fun looking...

Cute frame with all the buttons...

Love how you decorated the diffusor...

Great projects, maybe someday I will have time to be creative like that LOL!

Becky G April 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

These are all fabulous, Loree!

Hugs~Becky

Trudi April 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

What great projects Lori. I love the kite on your card!

~amy~ April 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Lori...some serious eye candy today!!! Love all your projects...I'm a huge B&BW fan too..great idea!!!

Amy Sheffer April 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

WOW, WOW, and more WOW!!! Love your projects! Great gift ideas!

Jan April 27, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Beautiful projects, Lori!

Dawn B. April 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Oh my goodness. Lori these are great. I love the pillows. How fun and beautiful are those. Great mom's grame. Super kite and I really like the diffuser. I have several of those. What is your favorite scent? Super job.

Eva April 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

WOW...again, all your projects are just fabulous!!!!

Robin April 28, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

All of your projects are wonderful Lori!!
I am so going to snag your decorated diffuser idea. I love my house to smell good too and burn candles all winter. But, in the summer, I prefer candle warmers and diffusers because I am running in and out all day. I am scared that I will forget a burning candle, so I don't really use them much in the summer.

Disclosure Policy

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP