Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Feb. 9 2009 CPS Sketch Challenge


After all of our frigid, cold weather...I'm ready for SUMMER!! Summer is one of my favorite seasons!! I enjoy sitting outside on the front porch swing, listening to the sounds of summer. Two sounds that quickly come to mind are....Birds chirping and lawn mowers. Honestly, I enjoy both! Ok, ok, enough chatter!! :)
I have fallen in love with this paper. The paper is from a CK scrapbook kit ( I bought it on sale for practically nothing!!). I have used it SO many times! One thing that's great about it is.... It's quite versatile and CUTE!!
First, I started out with a mostly square card and rounded the edges. From there I created the large circle with my Martha Stewart circle system (bought at wal-mart for around $15.00). Next, I layered the scalloped nestie circle sponged and added the ribbon. Now for the tricky part. The ice cream cone was an embellishment that I had to enlarge about 3 times to get the desired size I needed for the card. I then, simply traced the enlarged pattern onto my PP and than cut it out twice and adhered it. To top it off, I added some stitching and sponging. TFL!! ~Lori

7 comments:

Angela February 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Like I said I LOVE that dp... Cute little dangling cone too.

Lea L. February 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

This is adorable! Loving the ice cream cones! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea

scramptastic February 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Both of these cards are cute. It makes me want to go get an ice cream cone.

Bev February 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Delicious! Love the card Lori

hugs Bev x

Laura VanVleet February 10, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Both of these cards are so bright and pretty!! I love them, Lori!

Kandis Smith February 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

GORGEOUS!! Love all the color! Thanks for playing along!

Disclosure Policy

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP